What is a Sleep Number Bed and What is a Smart Mattress?
C2 Bed Set by Sleep Number
The C2 set is the most basic Sleep Number bed which means that it is also the most affordable. There are other Sleep Number beds which are more expensive than this one but when compared to their level of comfort, all deliver the same relaxation. The difference of this item with the less affordable variants is its thickness and the lack of foam pad between the cover and air chambers.
The air chambers of the Sleep Number bed which is connected to a pump can make the mattress inflate or deflate. Using a remote, you can control the firmness of your mattress.
The C2 bed has 10 different sizes and starting from the full size, the bed has two chambers which are each customizable using its dual air technology. The Smart Number is really pretty smart for a bed!
Is it Normal for my Air Mattress to Deflate Overnight?
You might be wondering why sometimes your air bed keeps on deflating when it’s only been used not later than 24 hours. This is actually normal because no mattress is as airtight no matter how you want it to be.
The temperature at night is lower and cold temperature causes the air inside to condense so the mattress tends to feel deflated in the morning. However, as daytime appears, the high temperature causes the air inside to take up more space, hence, inflated.
Taking Care of Adjustable Beds
Some of the tips below don’t just apply for adjustable beds but for normal beds as well.
- If the bed is in a sitting position and the pressure is concentrated in one area only, rotate the mattress regularly so it can recover from the sleeper’s weight. Rotation also applies to most beds.
- Hand controls, especially wired ones, must be checked regularly for damage as electrical cords are most risky when used with your bed.
- Don’t plug your bed in an extension cord. Place it in the main power source. It’s also not recommended to plug too many cords into an outlet where you plugged the bed.
- Don’t let your kids jump over the bed especially on the foot area or where the motor is as too much weight can cause the whole bed to malfunction.
- Don’t spill drinks or liquids on your bed. We all know water and electricity is a damaging combination.
Should I Flip my Memory Foam Mattress Over to the clean side?
Regular mattress always has the possibility of turning it over so that the dips and sags on the one side will be recovered once you use the other side. However, mattresses that use memory foams have layers which varied in terms of firmness, and there’s of course, one material that must be placed on top before the cover.
Airbeds can be flipped over to even the compression while adjustable beds can be rotated but can’t be flipped due to the fact that they have motors inside the bed. Hybrid mattresses can be flipped but some designs can’t.
Always look for your product’s manual before you start doing something on it.
Can I have a Pet in my Bed while I’m Using SleepTracker?
The Leggett & Platt Prodigy 2.0 Adjustable Bed Set and Eight Sleep Saturn+ Smart Mattress can be used along with SleepTracker to monitor the sleeper’s sleeping activities.
Having a pet with you on the bed should not affect your sleep data if they stay at the foot of the bed, however, if they move a lot during the night and cuddle with you, expect that it will mess up your sleeping record.