People looking for an affordable memory foam mattress that sleeps cooler than most and is medium overall in firmness, but with a softer and more buoyant feel in the surface, will really appreciate the comfort and support of this mattress. The comfort exchange is a great idea since you don’t have to give up a whole mattress to make it firmer or softer. Thanks to their innovative Airflow Transfer System, you will gain over 100 times the breathability than other memory foam mattresses.
The mattress has been on Amazon for approximately 3 years now and has received hundreds of high-rated reviews.
Snuggle-Pedic has made a name for itself with their popular pillow and while they Amazon has had trouble keeping stock on this mattress, now they offer it direct through their website, this memory foam mattress is now becoming just as popular and deservedly so.
You can purchase a Snuggle-Pedic in a twin, twinXL, full-size, Queen, King, California King sizes.
What Memory Foam Mattress Should You Buy 2018?
[Product relevance last revised: 1st November 2019]
So you want to find out the best memory foam mattresses that can help you improve your sleeping quality. A good night’s sleep sometimes depends on the quality of the bed we’re sleeping on, and choosing one with a great quality isn’t always as simple as we thought it would be.
In this memory foam mattress review, I will show you a list of the top 5 best memory foam mattresses for a deeper sleep and their downsides and benefits as well as a few points to bear in mind before buying one.
*(Varies for each model. Check the product links for more info.)
Best Memory Foam Mattresses For Better Sleep
This 10-inch memory foam mattress uses a 3 inch Snuggle-Flex memory foam that will optimally contour your spine, while giving the comfort and support you need to get the deep sleep you deserve. Their Kool-Flow bamboo mattress cover is ultra-luxurious and durable.
The Snuggle-Pedic mattress uses a patented Airflow Transfer System that connects thousand of small holes in the foam’s surface with channels in the lower support layer, to give you a full circulation effect that produces 100 times more air flow than a mattress that just uses a ventilated surface or just channels underneath and do not combine the two technologies. With memory foam reported to be too hot for certain individuals, this mattress is literally a breath of fresh air.
The Snuggle-Pedic mattress is all USA made, and their memory foam is certified by CertiPUR-US, which means that it is a memory foam mattress free from toxic chemicals. The best part is that should you feel that the mattress is not as comfortable or supportive as you need, the company offers free factory direct custom modifications that can easily be done thanks to their modular cover system.
If you’re looking for a budget memory foam mattress for deeper sleep but doubtful if you can find one that’s durable enough, the Zinus Memory Foam Green Tea Mattress is referred to as a #1 choice for simple practical reasons: it is cheap but great quality-wise! Instead of highly toxic chemicals, this foam is infused with green tea extract to maintain its long-lasting freshness. This mattress has a nice degree of firmness and shrinkage that provides soft body contour for the sleeper. Also, a great memory foam mattress for side sleepers, as the memory foam lets your side of the body shrink down to a comforting position.
You need not worry about receiving a bulky item that you wont fit through your door as this product is rolled out into smallest compression possible and smartly shipped in a box for protection and efficient delivery.
Leesa Mattresses are known for their high-end materials that give elegant look and feel. With their new Sapira California King Mattress, the highly resilient and stabilized foam provides edge support and isolated motion transfer for uninterrupted sleep.
What makes Sapira different from other mattresses? It has thousands of tiny premium graded steel springs that support the foam layers. It’s a good value for your money and literally a good sleep investment!
This hybrid mattress is moderately firm from its core springs but also moderately soft that gently supports your back. When lying on your back, this firm memory foam mattress gives a lot of pressure relief. When lying on your side on a memory foam mattress, the pressure that accumulates on your hips and arms is common in this position, however, this won’t make you uncomfortable. When lying on your stomach, you won’t feel drowned deeply into the foam as this will continue to support your hips and won’t give you muscle aches when waking up.
What is a Memory Foam Mattress?
You always hear experts or other people say that memory foam increases sleeping quality, but you don’t exactly have any ideas what memory foam is.
- Memory foams are first introduced by NASA and used as extra cushioning for aircraft seats to reduce damages from crashes.
- Memory foam is made from a substance called viscoelastic, a polyurethane material that when it undergoes deformation, it shows both viscous and elastic properties. The viscosity and elasticity of memory foam make it slower to return to its original form after experiencing pressure compare to other foam types.
- Memory foam mattresses make you sink deeper and contour your body, helping to relieve back and bodily aches.
What are the 3 Types of Memory Foams?
1. Traditional Memory Foam is the most common type of memory foam that gives us a traditional hug and body contour.
- It is anti-microbial and anti-dust mite that gives off a cleaner sleeping environment.
- Ideal for cold places as this foam produces heat faster than any foam types.
- Has a “quicksand” tendency which means that it’s slow to react to changes in motion.
2. AirCooler Memory Foam
- The drawback of traditional memory foam is that it produces more heat and thus, it’s not ideal for hot places. Aircooler Memory Foams respond to your body temperature and regulate heat leaving you to stay cool throughout the night. A great combination is a sleep number bed smart bed – which is a bed that can regulate its temperatue.
- It responds faster to pressure and eliminates the “quicksand” feeling the traditional memory foam gives.
- Disperses heat better than traditional memory foam.
- It offers more bodily support and denser than the other types of memory foam.
What are the Best Kinds of Memory Foam Mattresses?
- Pocket Sprung Memory Foam Mattresses or what is commonly referred to as Hybrid Mattresses are chosen by individuals who prefer firmer mattresses. The higher the number of spring between foams, the firmer the mattress would be. The Leesa Mattress is a hybrid form of mattress.
- A Mattress in a Box is usually preferred by busy people as it can easily fit into any type of bed and is a great item for modern living.
- Temperature Regulating Memory Foam Mattresses, by the name itself, are the breathable type of mattress that can conform to your body temperature. If you’re always waking up in the middle of the night feeling too hot or too cold, then this mattress is just what you need. The Zinus Memory Foam Green Tea Mattress, Signature Sleep Mattress, Brentwood Gel13 Memory Foam Mattress, and Nectar Full Mattress are Temperature Regulating Memory foam Mattresses.
- Orthopedic Memory Foam Mattresses are doing us a favor of eliminating the achy and stiffly feel after sleeping as these were designed to conform to our body’s shapes and weight and help align our spine as we sleep.
What are the Benefits of Memory Foam Mattress Over Regular Mattresses?
Memory foam mattresses are used for the classic type of mattresses for a number of health reasons.
Often, we blame our behaviors during the day for our sleepless nights; and there are only a few of us who observed that what we’re lying onto might be the reason why we’re restless at night when we’re supposed to sleep.
Here are the top benefits why more and more people are leaning into Memory Foam Mattresses over the traditional ones:
- Memory Foam mattress corrects our spine and gives proper posture that eliminates back issues, much like a back or lumbar brace
- It’s different from conventional mattresses in a way that it lessens the weight on our pressure points that are often the reasons why we wake up with sore muscles and bodily aches.
- It adjusts to individuals’ body temperature.
- It helps prevents sleep apnea by giving proper head elevation and allowing airflow to the trachea and lungs.
- It’s free from organic fibers which are prone to bedbugs and dust mites. The polyurethane material used in memory foams help prevent allergy-causing organisms that are common in conventional foam types.
- Memory foams are much more durable than the conventional ones with an average life expectancy of 15 years.
What are the Disadvantages of using a Memory Foam Mattress?
Like all other items in the world, Memory Foams likewise have drawbacks that we must be aware of.
- Some complain that a memory foam mattress is heavier than the regular ones which mean that transferring it to the other parts of the house could be difficult.
- Due to its substance, memory foams can have an off-gassing smell that can last up to several weeks. These are for the cheap memory foam mattresses at least, as products like the Brentwood Memory Foam Mattress and Nectar Full Mattress have specialized composition that prevents chemical odors. Compare to the regular type of mattress, memory foam mattresses are more expensive. If the budget is tight then some wouldn’t choose to buy it. However, the health benefits that memory foam mattress bring makes it worthy of its price.
Which Firmness in a Memory Foam Mattress is The Best?
Honestly, choosing the best memory foam type for your mattress solely depends on your preference and your needs. If you always sleep hot and comfortable with it, then Temperature Regulating Memory Foam Mattress like the Zinus Memory Foam Mattress and the Brentwood Mattress is the best for you.
If you have bad posture and back pain, Orthopedic Memory Foams like the Nectar Full Mattress and Signature Sleep Mattress are what you need. If you have a problem staying put on your bed, then you would likely need Gel Memory Foam like the Brentwood Mattress as this has a better edge and body support.
Before buying a memory foam mattress, you have to see to it that it will fit your budget and your need. There are lots of memory foam mattress brands in the market and you have to be keen and be specific of your needs so as not to get a regrettable item.
Can a Memory Foam Mattress Improve Sleep Quality?
Yes! Everything that makes your sleeping experience better will improve sleep quality.
If it so happens that you will find an easier time falling asleep or if you don’t feel the same need to twist around in the bed at night, it will significantly improve your sleep quality!
Is a Memory Foam Mattress Good if I Sleep on The Side
Memory foam mattresses are great for side-sleepers as they let the side of your body gently side down in the memory foam to not let you have that uncomfortable feeling of sleeping on your arm.
The Best Memory Foam Mattresses For Side Sleepers
Brentwood Home Cypress Gel 13 Mattress
This is the best memory foam mattress for a couple no matter if you decide to go for a queen or king-size. But be honest to yourself with your own weight capacity and sizes!
- Has a natural wool sleeping surface for an increased support and comfort
- Cover is replaceable
- 5 inch gel memory foam
- 25 years warranty
- Great value for money
- 120 nights free trial
- Available in medium firm only
This is a great medium firm memory foam mattress – its is also proven to be popular amongst any type of people wishing to use a memory foam mattress to alliveate back pain.
Provides a classic foam hug but with a cooler feel
Quiet and comfortable
Uncomfortable for some back sleepers
This is a budget memory foam mattress that works for heavy people – and can be bought in a vast variety of sizes.
- Durable performance with its affordable price
- Delivered with smart technology system for a fast and efficient order
- Stays fresh with its green tea extract content
- Composed of 3 inches Memory Foam, 2 inches Comfort Foam, 3.5 inches Airflow High-density Foam, 3.5 inches Airflow High-density Base Support Foam
You should buy this one if you are searching for a memory foam mattress to make you fall asleep faster!
Good product for its price
Soft but supportive
Takes 48 hours to return to its original plush shape from the time it’s opened
This is the highest quality memory foam mattress you will find in this review!
- State-of-the-art luxurious mattress
- Wrapped with over 1,000 spring coils for premium edge support
- 100 night free trial
- Stretchy and highly breathable
- Support weight up to 350 pounds
Looking for a memory foam mattress to help improve sleep? This is the one you should go with!
Great back and edge support
Hi-end quality and luxurious materials
Not too firm, not too soft
More expensive than others
Still too firm for others
This is a memory foam mattress to use if you have trouble sleeping, and here are some of the reasons:
- Comes with 2 free $150 worth pillows
- 180 nights home trial
- 365 nights trial
- Best used in hot areas
- Has Tencel Cooling Cover that fights the growth of bedbugs
- Promotes air circulation and heat wicking
- Has excellent edge support
- Certi-PUR US and OEKO-TEX certified
Is it worth it to invest in a memory foam mattress? If a memory foam mattress will make your elderly sleep better, I’d say its worth it!
Offers lifetime warranty
Not enough amount of bouncy feel
Too firm for others
Someone wondered if you can have sex on a memory foam mattress, and the answer is of course, yes! Go for it! This one supports everything! Here are some of the features of this not too soft memory foam mattress:
- Free of PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP (“Tris”) flame retardants, ozone depleters, mercury, formaldehyde, lead and heavy metals
- Rayon materials help with fast moisture absorption to create a dry sleeping place
- Has a good sleeping support
- Medium level of shrinkage with regular pressure
Well worth the money
Has strong edge support
No box spring needed
Too soft and not enough firm
Some suggest sitting on the bed edge is a distraction.
This section involves what people think about the 5 mentioned products. Reviews usually revolved around their durability and performance.
BRENTWOOD HOME CYPRESS GEL 13 MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS
Back or side sleepers love this product because it is softer than average. The Bamboo Gel also adds appreciation to those who do not like sleeping hot.
ZINUS MEMORY FOAM 12-INCH GREEN TEA MATTRESS
Users of Zinus Mattress like how it’s so affordable yet quality-wise although others have suggested for a longer trial period.
LEESA SAPIRA MATTRESS
Leesa Sapira Mattress users like how this product has excellent back support, best motion isolation performance, and a highly luxurious design! Some may complain about it’s a bit pricey, but to those who prefer elegance over practicality, this product is stylish yet high quality.
NECTAR FULL MATTRESS
Nectar mattresses have very cool covers which the owners love. They don’t sag at the bottom which is the most common problem of other bed coverings. The two free pillows are very helpful for a good night’s sleep as well.
SIGNATURE SLEEP 13-INCH INDEPENDENTLY ENCASED COIL MATTRESS
What people love about Signature Sleep is that its price is significantly lower than other mattresses in the same model. They also appreciate the fact that this foam produces almost zero noise when moving. However, this mattress has poorer motion isolation performance compare to other brands.
Concluding this Memory Foam Mattress Review
I chose Brentwood Memory Foam Mattress as the top of my list as it’s both not on the cheap or pricey side and you get a high-quality foam mattress.
Although choosing the best memory foam mattress really depends on individual differences, this list of memory foam mattresses is made and well selected based on research, users’ reviews, and personal knowledge so that it can guide you for the softest memory foam mattress for your back!
Classic Brands Cool Gel Ultimate Gel Memory Foam Mattress
[UPDATED TOP PICK 6 SEPTEMBER 2018]
The Best memory foam mattress available hands down is the Classic Brands Memory Foam Mattress.
This is a durable memory foam mattress for deep sleep with a high grade of performance even considering it comes at a reasonable price. This Memory foam mattress with a medium plush feel has a firm support and an adjustable base coming with a 10-year warranty. This memory foam mattress conforms to your body while the cool gel regulates the temperature giving you a deeper sleep experience. It is tailored and detailed with a stretch knit fabric cover with waterfall edges and matching knit side panels and it also comes with a FREE memory foam pillow!
“Classic Brands” offers this memory foam mattress in twinsize, twinXL, full-size, Queen, King, California King sizes.